Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy 12/12/12!

It's crazy to think we won't see another day like 12/12/12 in our lifetime! I feel as though I should really be taking this in.

While I get ready in the mornings, I always have the TODAY Show playing in the background. (It's a good way for me to stay current on what's happening in the world, and it helps spark ideas I can use at work.) Today, they were discussing 12/12/12 (obviously), and I heard them talking about a boy who turned 12 on 12/12/12 at exactly 12:12PM. Now how amazing is that?! And what are the chances? He's bound to have extra good luck today!

Anyways...

The last couple weeks have been really busy at work. One of the accounts I handle, Shail K, had an event to celebrate the 2013 collection last Thursday night. Duplex on Third (another one of our clients) hosted the event in its upstairs lounge. I'm happy to say the event was a success, and everyone had a really great time!


Step and repeat in front of Duplex.


A little blurry... Sydney, Hannah and I.
Hannah and I are wearing Shail K :)


 Matt and I at the party.



Iowa State Alum in front (Colin, Anna, myself and Morgan)
A couple "lost boys" in back (Keenan and Matt) :)


Exciting news! Last Friday, Hannah (intern at KMA, but more importantly a great new friend of mine) and I delivered footage from the jump to the producers at The Doctors. Later that night I received the email stating the good news: they wanted us for filming on Thursday, Dec. 13th! I'm so excited that the producers support what we are doing and want to share our story.



You have to have a pass to get onto the lot. Sadly the man at the gate managed to spell my name wrong, even though he was looking at my photo I.D. How is that possible?


The Paramount Pictures Christmas tree.


For those of you who aren't aware, The Doctors is filmed at Paramount Pictures. I drive past the studios on a regular basis, so it was really neat to be able to go behind those mysterious gates. Ironically, the show had just finished finished taping when we were leaving, so we saw The Doctors (Dr. Travis Stork, Dr. Lisa Masterson, Dr. Andrew Ordon and Dr. James Sears) leaving the studio. If you've never seen the show, here's a photo for your reference :)



Meet The Doctors!


The Doctors films on Stage 30. Their offices are in the building to the right.


We have to be at Paramount tomorrow morning at 6:45AM (Yikes! That's early for us non-morning people!) Filming begins at 9AM, and we'll be finished around 11AM. I'll be sure to let you know how the taping goes, and of course keep you posted on when the episode will air!

Unfortunately, I don't have any other major/exciting updates to share. By the time the weekend comes around, I'm usually so tired and worn out that all I want to do is relax and watch movies. Right now I'm just counting down the days until I get to go home for Christmas... 9 more days! (I can hardly contain my excitement!) Speaking of Christmas, I do have some pictures to share from The Grove. Remember when I was talking about the tree lighting? Well Matt and I went to see "Killing Them Softly" last week, so I took a few snapshots of all the lights. Enjoy!



Not sure what I love more...
The palm trees wrapped in lights or that Topshop is opening this Spring :)


 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Do you see Santa and his reindeer flying over The Grove?


 
Lots of lights!


Tallest Christmas tree in SoCal.
I couldn't fit the entire thing in the picture.
I had to cut off the entire base, which is taller than me!


I'll leave you with a great quote I found the other day...


A good reminder.


xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment