Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Post-Turkey Talk

Today is especially exciting! My best friend, Miss Ashley Hokel (still seems so weird saying that!) is finding out whether she and Ethan will be having a boy or a girl!!! I can hardly contain myself! I wish more than anything I could be home with her tonight. Ashley, if you're reading this, I love you and am thinking of you always! (And call me ASAP to share the good news!)



Kim Jensen posted this on Instagram earlier :)
Ethan and Ashley had a doctor's appointment earlier today to find out the sex of the baby. The doctor put the answer inside a sealed envelope, which they gave to Kim.
She wrapped a little outfit inside to reveal the answer. The suspense is killing me!


On Wednesday, Kyle by Alene Too in Beverly Hills partnered with Bullets 4 Peace for a night of food, friends and fabulous fashions. The event benefitted Safe Passage, which is a charity that helps underprivileged children. Each guest was asked to bring a wrapped toy for the holidays. It was neat to see the toys pile up as the night went on!

KMA helps with pr for the Kyle by Alene Too store, so we went to enjoy the night and help make sure everything ran smoothly by checking guests in and helping collect the toys.

The turnout was great - a lot of people came out despite the gloomy weather to support a really good cause. However, I must admit the highlight of my night was meeting "Big Mike" from the movie The Blind Side. His name is actually Quinton Aaron, but we was just as sweet in person as his character in the movie.



Display in the middle of the store.



Bullets 4 Peace


Step-and-repeat set up for photo ops


Lots of presents for Safe Passage!


Hannah and I with Big Mike! I mean Quinton Aaron.


KMA girls (minus Kip)
(L to R) Rachel, Roxie, me, Hannah, Sylva and Kelly


Kyle's sisters Kim Richards and Kathy Hilton were there to support her and the cause. Other guests included Kyle's husband Mauricio, their youngest daughter Portia, Mauricio's mother Estella, Beverly Hills Housewives Camille Grammar (who is gorgeous I might add!) and Lisa Vanderpump, and Lisa's husband Ken Todd (no Jiggy this time though).



Kathy, Kim, Kyle, Lizzy and Debbie
Lizzy and Debbie own the original Alene Too store in Boca.
They partnered with Kyle to open the new store in Beverly Hills.


In other news... "winter weather" has begun to set in here. I suppose I'm not allowed to complain considering temperatures are still in the 60s. However, when you get used to warm and sunny, 60 starts to feel a little chilly! All a matter of perception I suppose. What's worse than the cold is the gloomy/rainy forecast for the next few days. Cold and gloomy is perfect weather for staying cuddled up on the couch, sipping hot chocolate and watching movies! My desk faces the window, so it's a little bit depressing staring at the grey clouds all day long, not to mention it's not good for my motivation. (Luckily the weekend is in sight!) I decided today was the perfect day to plug in my headphones and turn on my Christmas Pandora station. It really has started to get me in the Christmas spirit, which is hard to do when you live in a place with sun and palm trees. Christmas just doesn't seem the same without snow and freezing cold weather. Luckily I will be home in a few short weeks! :) 



The first time I've seen rain in the forecast this many days in a row.
I must say, I'm not especially loving it.


Counting down the days and singing "I'll Be Home for Christmas" now until December 21st.


xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment