Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars Weekend Wrap-Up

There's something about being in Los Angeles that makes Awards Season feel a little more magical. Perhaps living amongst all the action makes me more aware? Whatever it is, I was beyond excited to celebrate Oscars weekend! My favorite part? Seeing all the Hollywood glitz and glamour sashaying across the red carpet...and the 85th Academy Awards did not disappoint!

Friday night I went from one job to another. Let me back up for a minute...I couple months ago I decided to apply for Tres LA - a Los Angeles based catering company. Why you ask? Well, I heard great things about the company and the young people they employ. I thought it would be a fun way to get out and meet new people. (Oh, and having a little extra spending money isn't half bad either.)

Anyways, Friday was my very first event for Tres LA, and it just happened to be the William Morris Endeavor Oscars party! William Morris Endeavor (WME) is the largest and oldest global talent agency. Each year, WME hosts an Oscars party at co-CEO Ari Emanuel's house. "Work" aside, it was probably one of my most memorable experiences since moving to LA. It was surreal to be in the same room as some of the biggest names in Hollywood.

I'm sure some of you might be wondering who was there, so I made a list especially for you. (Keep in mind this is not nearly everyone at the party. This is simply the names I could remember off the top of my head.) Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Amy Adams, Emma Watson, Hugh Jackman and his wife Deborra-Lee Furness, Charlize Theron, Jack Black, Russell Brand, Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner, Tyra Banks, Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, Conan O'Brien, John C. Riley, Garrett Hedlund, Ashlan Gorse, Lara Spencer, Jonah Hill, Daniel Radcliffe, Patrick Stewart, Larry David, Morrissey (former Smiths singer), Jeffrey Katzenbery (DreamWorks Animation head), Brad Grey (Paramount), Les Moonves (Viacom).

I only wish I had pictures to show. You'll just have to take my word on this one :)


The other highlight of the weekend was Sydney's sister Katie and friends Michelle and Michelle (yes, two Michelle's) were in town. For this, I have a few pictures... 

Flaming margs at El Compadre.


We sat next to Ben Schwartz from 'House of Lies'


Chatting with Clyde... I mean Ben.


Saturday brunch at Laurel Hardware in WeHo.


Dinner at Katsuya on Hollywood Blvd.

Sydney, Michelle, Michelle on the left.
Myself and Katie on the right.


Overpriced sushi in the making.


The geek squad at AV Nightclub.


On Sunday, Sydney's Aunt Kathy invited us over to watch the Oscars. She spoiled us (as always) with lots of delicious eats, wine and champagne.


A small potion of the decadent Oscars party spread.
Hosted by Aunt Kathy and Uncle Len.


Cheers to the Oscars!


Silver Lake sunset from the Mattachine Steps.


This week I anxiously await the arrival of two friends, Justina and Jessi! I'm so excited to have them visit and am really looking forward to showing them around the new city that I call home. Between the three of us, there's bound to be PLENTY of pictures to post from our week/end together. Here's to hoping the massive snowstorm doesn't get in the way of them getting here! (Everyone keep your fingers crossed!)

Until next week...

xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment