Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

J & J in LA

As you know, Justina and Jessi came to visit last weekend. It was so great to see them! I hadn't seen Justina since late August, whereas Jessi and I couldn't even remember the last time we saw each other! We think it may have been at graduation last May. Regardless of the exact dates, it had been MUCH too long! I had the best time showing them around the place I now call home. (Don't worry Mom, I still catch myself referring to Iowa as home, too.) I guess I have two homes now :)

While there is no possible way I could show them absolutely everything in five short days (I have yet to see everything), I did my best to show them some of my favorite things about LA. Of course, I also showed them some of the "touristy" things including Hollywood Blvd, Rodeo Drive and the Santa Monica Pier at sunset.

The phrase "time flies when you're having fun" definitely proved to be true, as they were here and gone much too quickly. I have a few pictures from our time together, but there will be more pictures to come. Justina had her "tourist" camera around her neck at all times, so she captured a lot of great shots and will being doing a "guest post." For now, mine will have to do...


The first stop on our trip after they arrived on Wednesday night.
Recognize this from any movies? How about 'No Strings Attached'?

This sculpture, yes it's considered a sculpture, is by the
Los Angeles County Museum of Art on Wilshire Blvd.
It's called 'Urban Light' by Chris Burden.



Friday night, we had dinner at Pink Taco.
Afterwards, we walked across the street to one of my favorite bars:
The Den of West Hollywood.


Saturday morning we hiked to the Griffith Observatory and had brunch in Los Feliz. That afternoon, I took them down Hollywood Blvd and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. (Two things most people want to see when they come to LA.)

Capitol Records.
Hollywood & Vine.


"Beverly Hills. That's where I wanna be."


Sunday morning I took the girls to the Melrose Trading Post. That afternoon we drove up the PCH to Paradise Cove in Malibu where we relaxed oceanside, enjoying the gorgeous views and the sound of the waves.



Relaxing at Paradise Cove.


On the way back we stopped to see the Santa Monica Pier at sunset.


Santa Monica Beach Tower 20.
 This one is especially for Marshal - 20 is his basketball number.


That night we went to Sur Lounge for a drink.
Some of you might recognize Sur from the new show on Bravo, Vanderpump Rules.
We were lucky enough to see Peter, the manager.


Afterwards, we stopped at Rock & Reilly's Irish Pub.
We ran into Max George and Jay McGuiness from The Wanted.
I was shocked when they had not only heard of Iowa, but have been there, as well!


My pictures hardly summarize everything we did, so be on the lookout for a guest post from J & J in LA!


On a side note, I also got FaceTime with Mollie, Grace and Tyler on Sunday. (I was in the car when they called, so the phone was in my cup holder. Hence the cute view of me in the top right corner.) But I just had to share this - their faces are priceless!

Mollie has her hands full.
Grace is less than entertained.
Tyler was loving it :)


xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment