Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Home for the Holidays

I don't think I've ever been so excited to be home. Don't get me wrong, I always look forward to being home, but this time it feels different. I have been counting down the days till Christmas for what seems like years! Finally the time has come and I'm home with the people who I can always count on and who love me unconditionally - my family. 

Being hundreds of miles away from those you love really puts things into perspective and makes you much more appreciative. Every time I'm home I find myself trying to soak up every single moment. While being away gets hard sometimes, I'm thankful for what it has taught me.

In honor of being home for the holidays, I decided I would take a look back at the last time I was home: Labor Day Weekend.

These two little munchkins surprised me at the airport.
Clearly we were equally excited to see one another ;)

----------

Two sisters still passing for high school girls.

The ultimate Iowa sunset.

Cheering for my little cheerleader.

Cousins.

----------

Busted!

There we go :)

Chi O alumn - Jackie, Justina, myself and Callie.

Looking gooood after a long, hot day tailgating.

----------


One thing I miss most is random Saturday pool parties or Sunday dinners at Grandma's house.
I feel so blessed to have grown up in family that spends so much time together.
After meeting a lot of people in LA, I've learned that it isn't very common.

Selfishly, whenever I'm home, I urge that the entire family gets together before I leave.
I don't think anyone seems to mind :)


He secretly loves me.
And this picture will probably come back to haunt him.

Can't get enough of this little peanut.
 
This picture is just priceless.

Grandma & Grandpa Tiefenthaler and grandkids.

Grandma & Grandpa Sheldahl and grandkids.

Kid pic!

Sheldahl 7: Oldest to youngest.

Sheldahl 7: Tallest to shortest.
Hmm...

Riley, Reece and Regan helping Grandma Marge blow out her birthday candles.

This picture is priceless.

---------- 

So happy to see Ash and Lincoln, even for a minute.
Notice Lincoln is sporting the LA Dodgers hat I got for him :)

----------

Home sweet home.

----------

I will leave you with this:



Wishing you a very, merry Christmas!

xx
Mallorie


No comments:

Post a Comment