Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

24 Hours To Go!

Tomorrow is the big day!

We'll arrive at Lake Elsinore at 9 a.m. and jump around 11 a.m. But first, we have fill out papers and watch a video - hopefully that whole process doesn't make me want to change my mind! Also, I'm skeptical about this video. Is it going to scare me half to death? At that point, I don't think I'll need any help in that department. I've always been the adventurous type who enjoys a good adrenaline rush, but it's the anticipation that gets me! The going up, up, up on a roller coaster or waiting for the Space Shot to blast you into the sky - the anticipation is much scarier to me than the ride itself. I think that's exactly how I will feel on Saturday. My heart has been in my throat all week, and I'm filled with a million different emotions.

Skydiving has always been on my bucket list, but I had NO idea I'd be doing it quite like this and only a few months after graduating from college. Regardless, I am so thankful and thrilled to have this opportunity!

I'll have so much more to share with you Saturday post-jump! (Well, probably not until Sunday.) Considering they're making a documentary, and this will be broadcasted on national television (yes, we've gained interest from national TV, so exciting!) I will have video footage to share later. You'll be able to watch everything - from suiting up to jumping out of the plane to making a safe landing. On a personal level, I think it's neat that I'll have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity on video. I can't wait to share! In the meantime, say a little prayer that everything goes smoothly on Saturday!

Another great article was posted online today. This is one of my favorites, as it really conveys the message and thinking behind the jump. Please check it out: http://www.lingerietalk.com/2012/11/15/lingerie-news/a-leap-of-faith-in-lingerie.html

If you're wondering where we'll be jumping, look here: www.skydiveelsinore.com


On a side note... Sylva and I took a casual afternoon coffee break yesterday and happened to see Britney Spears on our way back to the office. This morning we discovered that we are in the background of one of the photos! Too funny!




TGIF!

xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment