Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap-Up

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Mine was spent with Sydney (my roomie), Matt and Keenan (his roomie) at Syd's aunt and uncle's house in Silver Lake. Spending the day with family and all the traditional Turkey day fixings was wonderful. (Especially considering I couldn't be home with my family.) Aunt Kathy and Uncle Len have the most beautiful backyard, perfect for entertaining guests. It was a gorgeous, sunny Los Angeles day, so we spent the majority of it outside socializing while the boys played a competitive little game of bacce ball. As the night ended and the four of us were headed out, we all got a good laugh. Between Matt hula hooping and Sydney's grandma's confusion with the song "Call Me Maybe," we were nearly in tears laughing so hard. She couldn't quite wrap her mind around the meaning of the song: "Does he call you, do you call him, or what are you supposed to do?" It was quite funny! They say laughter is the best medicine, and we most definitely got our daily dose!



Face time with my three favorite siblings on Thanksgiving morning.
Very thankful for my loving family.


Also very thankful for this boy.


Backyard bacce ball.


Keenan, Mark, Uncle Len and Matt


I love this backyard.


Future Christmas card pic?
Thankful for such a great roomie!


Rewinding back one day to Thanksgiving-eve, Matt took me to The Boiling Crab for a messy, crab dinner. I've been talking about how I wanted to put that dorky little bib for a while now, so I was beyond excited. The experience was definitely everything I was hoping it would be...and more! We had so much fun cracking our King Crab legs and creating an absolute mess of our table. Not to mention the food was delicious!


We had some time to kill. It was a looong wait.



All gloved up and ready to go!


I was mostly excited for this bib :)



Feeling crabby!


Hard at work cracking crab legs.



The claaawww. 


 Making a mess and loving every second!


Post-Thanksgiving, Matt and I had a yummy breakfast at Doughboys Cafe, which is just down the street from my apartment. I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry the day after Thanksgiving, but then I realized we only ate once the day before. So no judgments on the full plate of french toast below ;)


French toast, eggs and turkey bacon. Delish!


Saturday was spent brunching and bronzing by the pool. Sydney and I could not believe we were soaking up the sun a month before Christmas! I must say, the gorgeous weather is a definite perk, and I don't really miss the bitterly cold Iowa winter winds.


Poolside in November? Not complaining about that!


Yesterday it was back to reality. However, this Monday was especially exciting, because the jump was featured on Inside Edition! It was "so surreal" to see our story featured on national news. Granted, I wish they would have explained more about WHY we were jumping in our lingerie, but I appreciate them helping us share our story. Here's the feature on their website in case you missed it: http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/5395-women-skydive-wearing-nothing-but-lingerie. Also, check out the preview of Esme & Eve's upcoming documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPi8WCp74f8


A little photo summary of the feature.


I really love this. (L to R: me, Marisa, Elizabeth and Rachel)



To wrap up a weekend all about giving thanks, I decided to take time to think about what I'm thankful for. The list could go on and on, but a few things I'm especially thankful for are: a loving and supportive family, amazing friends both old and new, good health, an exciting job, endless opportunities, a bright future, an extra-special guy, a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator and faith in something bigger than myself.


Thanks for reading!

xx
Mallorie 

No comments:

Post a Comment