Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!

As Americans, we are very fortunate to have a voice in our government. There are so many people living in various countries around the world that cannot express their opinions. For this reason, I am a firm believer in exercising your right to vote. It's sad how many people take this privilege for granted. In my opinion, these people do not have a right to complain or comment on the subject for the next four years. Maybe that's a little harsh, but the logic is quite simple.

Considering I just moved to LA, I am still registered to vote in the state of Iowa. I made sure I requested by absentee ballot. After all, this could very well be the last time I am able to vote in Iowa! (Crazy thought. I guess only time will tell.)

There are several advantages to the absentee ballot: you can cast your vote in advance, you have time to think through your decisions ensuring a more educated vote, and you don't have to wait in any lines. However, today I discovered the downfall to the absentee ballot: no "I voted" sticker! This is a shame. Maybe they should considering including one in your packet? I was proud of my vote, and I really wanted everyone to know that I did indeed vote. My solution? I text Sylva, a co-worker, to ask her to sneak an extra sticker for me. Funny thing about that, I wasn't the only one to make this request. Consequently, she left her polling location with a handful of stickers. Luckily the child handing them out didn't see a problem with her taking a few extras. Thank goodness!


I voted!
Notice it's written in several languages :)



Anxiously awaiting the outcome...



Be sure to get out there and let your voice be heard!
Every vote counts!



xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment