Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wait, It's November?

Can you believe it's already November 1st?! I definitely cannot. Time seems to be going faster and faster - especially this year. I wish we could push pause on life every now and then.

Anyway, Halloween in West Hollywood was quite the spectacle! SO many people, and SO many costumes. It was fun to see what everyone came up with - some get very creative! To be honest, the drag queens probably win the award for best costume.

Although I didn't get very creative this year, our costumes turned out really well! Especially considering I made them the night before. It was very simple - I bought a blank tank and leggings for me and a black t-shirt for Matt (he used black pants he already had). The plan was to get either white felt or fabric to cut the bones. But there was one little problem - I had no idea where the nearest craft store was, and I didn't have time to go searching. Target didn't have white felt, so I had to think outside the box. I ended up buying an inexpensive white XL t-shirt for the bones. When I got home I drew them on with a pen and simply flipped each bone so the marks didn't show. I already had fabric glue, so that's what I used to attach all the bones. Super easy! Of course I couldn't stop there. Halloween is practically the only day that you can get away with wearing crazy face makeup, so of course I had to do it. I got cheap face paint from the drugstore and painted on creepy little skeleton faces.

Using only t-shirts, fabric glue and face paint I made an entire costume. Ironically, we got a lot of compliments. And we had a lot of fun doing the "bone" dance all night :)

Keep scrolling to see my first Halloween in LA. 

A work in progress. All cut out and ready to be glued on.



Lovely Bones



Santa Monica Blvd
The streets are blocked off - so many people!
(Clifford cracks me up in this picture. Mollie, that's for you.)



Quick pic in the middle of the street.



We ran into a distant relative.
His was VERY realistic... Note the third bone down below.



Another relative! Amazing costume!



Blocks and blocks of costumes.
Prime spot for people watching.



Bane might have been the highlight of my night.
(I'm obsessed with Batman!)



Hannah and I with a jellyfish - cool costume and very clever!



To sum things up, Halloween in West Hollywood is trick-or-treating on steroids. (Without the candy, jokes and small children.) We had a great time last night! Like many things here, it was something to experience.

Happy November 1st!

xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment