Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Moment

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." --Unknown

I recently came across that quote and thought to myself, "Wow, that makes complete sense." We seem to spend so much time and put so much pressure on "finding" ourselves. In reality, we should be focusing on creating the self we wish to be. They say life is about the journey not the destination. If we believe this to be true, which I personally do, we should worry less about finding ourselves and more about creating ourselves throughout our journey called life. It's simply making a shift in the way we view the situation - getting less wrapped up in the idea of discovery and become more focused on the idea of creation.

This is a beautiful thing, because I no longer need to put pressure on the impossible task of finding myself. After all, I could spend my entire life trying and never succeeding. Instead, I will focus more on living in the moment and creating myself through my actions and experiences. Taking each day as it comes and creating purpose to my existence in this big, big world in which I live.

That is my Monday Moment.
Here's to creation - cheers!

xx
Mallorie

No comments:

Post a Comment