Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

More About Matt

I realized I dropped Matt quite nonchalantly in the second post, so here's a little more about him...

A friend of mine from Chi Omega was living in the OC this summer for an internship. Her boyfriend was doing an internship here, as well. One weekend she came up to LA - a friend of hers from home was visiting, so everyone stayed with me at my apartment. Matt, originally from Montana, had been living in LA for a little over a year finishing film school and pursuing his lifelong dream of a career in the industry. Anyway, my friend's boyfriend invited Matt over that weekend, which is how we met.

The first thing I noticed about Matt was his great personality - he has a great sense of humor unlike anyone I have ever met, and his love for life is completely contagious. Although I didn't foresee a relationship, I have so much fun whenever I'm with him. We became great friends over the summer taking day trips to the beach, listening to music I had never heard before, eating Ben & Jerry's and bonding over our mutual obsession for Batman. Matt was such a blessing to me as I made the transition to my new life in LA. One weekend when I was especially homesick, he invited me over for steak and corn on the cob. Although it wasn't Iowa beef or Grimes' Peaches n' Cream sweet corn, the gesture was incredibly sweet and thoughtful. I feel very blessed to have such a great friend in a place where everything is new and unfamiliar.

I guess the best relationships typically start as friendships. So here we are, one month in to our very unexpected relationship. The funny thing is we could not be more different from one another, but that's probably why this works so well. We make up for each other's weaknesses and compliment one another nicely. Enough with the boring stuff! Here a few pictures:


The weekend we met.
Matt, me, Amy, Katie (my friend) and Aaron (Katie's boyfriend.)


"Family Night"
Steak and corn-on-the-cob.
(Ignore the hot tub hair.)


Watching the Cyclones BEAT the Hawkeyes... Again.


At a Dodgers baseball game


A work event at Versace in Beverly Hills



One last funny picture...

 No idea what the wrinkled nose was about, but this cracks me up.


So there you have it. Thanks for reading!

xx
Mallorie



No comments:

Post a Comment